While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, October 5, 2009

Time to become accountable...

It's Monday again, and I can't believe what's happened today. Or rather what hasn't happened today. I think I opted for the "lazy" day today. I've been thrown off the schedule this last week due to parent teacher conferences at school. And then with General Conference (which takes place 2 times a year, where we get to listen to the leaders of our church give us talks that are spiritual, uplifting, and help us to do better) I am coming off from a pretty lazy weekend. And it's Monday, and I just haven't gotten back in the groove yet.

But, I'm coming out on Tuesday morning armed with a major to-do list that consists of the following:

  • Clean the kitchen. PERIOD.
  • Fold all laundry and put it away.
  • Clean up the living room, and place all furniture in it's place.
  • Make salsa to use up my tomatoes followed by bottling them.
  • Make strawberry/blueberry jam or jams depends on what I decide to do.
  • Bottle the peaches for food storage.
  • But before I do all this I need to take the girls to school.
  • Drop Thomas off at his preschool class.
  • Watch the girls perform a cheer or two at the school's volleyball game. (Take Pictures for the yearbook)
  • Send out email to the yearbook committee and set up a meeting.
  • Practice the piano. (since my nephew asked me to play for his baptism on Nov. 7th and I'm not very good)
  • Sometime I need to go shopping for some jeans without holes in them for myself. (I don't want to go through another winter wearing the same ones I did last year with holes)
  • I need to workout for at least 90 minutes. (35 - 45 of which is to be aerobic, and then do strength training as well) Time to get back in shape before the holidays.
  • Try to figure out which scrapbook pages I want to get done this week. (I have a lot I can do)
  • Put dinner in the crock pot before I get too busy, so I don't forget to have dinner ready after we come back from the volleyball game.
  • At 7pm I need to head over to my friend Elizabeth's house for our recipe exchange night. Which reminds me, I need to gather at least 1 if not more kid friendly recipes to share.

And of course, I have two children still at home that demand a lot of attention too. So what do I do? Ignore, half ignore, pay attention to them, or just have them help (which could be disastrous). Plus there's lunch in there that half the time I forget about, because I just get busy doing things and before I know it, I have to go pick up my girls, and it's nearly dinner time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails