While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Total Randomness

Lots has been happening lately. I've been busy with Parent Teacher Conferences this last week, which by the way I HATED!!!. Can I say that again, I hated them!!! Not that I don't mind hearing how my kids are doing, but that it takes so much of my PRECIOUS time to take care of these things. Well, finally they are over and I don't have to deal with them again, until next year.





But let me go back to last week, my oldest daughter "sleeping beauty" was in a show portraying some of Utah's history. She got to play the part of a "pioneer" . They had a lot of fun songs that they sang, and really shows how well they are paying attention in class. I was most amazed with the song that they sang naming all 29 counties in Utah. She also had a test on these just the week before this little program, where they had to name not only the counties but the county seats as well. I'm still not sure how she did on this one, but she was reciting this stuff for a long time, hopefully it proves to be a BIG HELP.









The next night we had our ward talent show and the Primary aged children got up and sang "Book of Mormon Stories" --- there weren't too many kids, but it was fun to watch. There were a few other acts as well, and we were entertained for the time we were there.





It was fun for the whole family. Then this last week we also went to watch our 1st grader in her class play called Shipwrecked, and it was fun and cute to watch her. The cutest thing I saw and overheard, was my friend's son come up to Heidi before the play and say, "Heidi you're beautiful!! " It was so cute!! After the play was over, Heidi came up to us and said, I was HORRIBLE!!. Which of course, we didn't think so, call us biased if you must. We had fun dessert afterwards. But..... even before this play we had to help out with Activity Days for the girls that are 8 - 11 in our church. We have two daughters that are part of this, and they were learning about family history. For some reason my husband and I got conned into doing this... maybe it has something to do with the fact that we enjoy doing family history. It really is quite interesting sometimes.


And during the week I've been trying to pick up the clothes, wash the dishes make the food, you know the normal day to day stuff, but I also found some time in there to try my hand at "making" some of my own pages, and try my hand at doing some of my "own" layouts.



This is so much fun, plus I am working on another page that will go along with this one.

More updates in a day or two.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I think I can name 2 counties in Utah.
    The scrapbook page looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids have to KNOW that kind of thing? I don't remember ever learning the counties in Oregon. I think I know...Um,3? Pretty sure there are more. And county seats? I don't even know anything about that! Are they leaders? Geez...what are kids learning these days?

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails