While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year 2009!!!

So once again it is a NEW YEAR!!! It's now 2009 !!! I remember being a senior in High School and about cried that New Years Eve when it finally turned to the year 1996!!! Seems so LONG ago.
And yes I know that I'm probably giving away my age, but duh, check my profile out and you might know how old I am from there. If not, just guess.
My point though is that now I'm going CRAZY, because my oldest will be 10 in just a few months. My oldest son will be four in less than a week. AGH. Things are going way too fast these days. So in an effort to get started on making some goals that hopefully will last longer than a few weeks I'm going to post them here again.
  • Attend the temple at least once a month (More if time permits)
  • Organize my home. (Which includes more than just "cleaning")
  • Read my scriptures daily. ( I said last year by my birthday and that didn't happen)
  • Be a better Mother. (Play with my kids, read to them more, and spend MORE time with them, and ejoy who they are now, because pretty soon they'll be a MOM or DAD too)
  • Regular Scheduled Date with my husband. (Need something to keep the Romance ALIVE)
  • Exercise to get myself Healthy (and if I can work it in, watch what I eat)
  • Learn to play the Piano better.
  • JUST TO GET MYSELF MORE ORGANIZED. That means set up meal plans, schedules for chores, the kids, etc....

Any more than this and I'll feel really bad if I can't stick to them.

I do have to say that I love my blog, because I can put down my thoughts, the frustrations, the joys, and things that I want to remember. I'm motivated to keep a "JOURNAL" sort of. I kept one faithfully my first year of college and have only done it sporadically the years following. So I do feel like I have accomplished this last year something great for my kids. Activities and Events that we did or attended, things they said or did that were cute or funny, times that we want to never forget. And my goal this year is to find a way to print it. I just need to DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails