While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, January 5, 2009

Get Together !!!




I found out that one of my old roommates were in town from Washington state, and I knew some conspiring was going to be taking place. Why?? Well A) this roommate didn't have our numbers. (Our = Mine, or the other roomie that lives in Utah) so she couldn't call us. B) She didn't have a car so she couldn't really go anywhere. C) Because a "Big Fat Ugly Bird" told "Us" that she was in town, and wanted to make sure we saw her.


So of course, I set to action right away. I instigated the whole thing so I'm GUILTY and proud of it. We managed to line up an afternoon lunch together, and we didn't have our kids with us. My husband watched my kids, Amy's husband watched her kids, and Annette's mother in law watched her two kids. It was FUN, AMAZING and MUCH NEEDED!!! We were roommates once a upon a time back at Ricks College -- now called BYU-Idaho. This was back in Winter Semester 1997 (Jan - April sometime) This is us over a decade later. Still friends, still stay in touch, and manage to gather from the ends of the earth to reunite and be reconnected. Thanks for such a great time that day. I really appreciated it. (too bad the colts lost in their game later that same night.)

There are more photos over at facebook that Amy posted. Man oh man have I had a flood of memories rush into me, and now I'm just totally remembering my younger days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails