While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Friday Ramblings.....

Christmas Cards: ARE REALLY FUN!!! I love sending them and I REALLY LOVE GETTING THEM.. The pictures included with a card are my favorite part. I also am a NERD and love reading the letters that are sent. Especially if I haven't seen you for a while. So if you're reading my blog and feel guilty because you haven't yet sent me one..... what are you waiting for -- go put it in the mail. I won't hate you . I promise.
Holiday Goodie Exchange: I hosted one this year and loved it. I went to the one my sister in law Amy held and LOVED IT!!! I did get some new recipe ideas and I'm anxious to try them. One of the recipes includes cake mix and MINTS. Chocolate and mint YUM!!!! So if you really lived close by you might be lucky to partake of my goodies this year (Pictures will come as I make these things this weekend.)
1. Peanut Butter/ Chocolate Fudge
2. Chocolate Peanut Clusters
3. Chocolate Haystacks
4. Dipped Pretzels/Graham Crackers
5. Peppermint Bark
6. Chocolate Chip Cookies/ Reece Pieces Cookies
Okay so now that I got your mouth watering here are the new ones that I'm going to try this year ----
Cake cookie with mint on top
Toffee Butter Crunch (made with almonds)
Okay that's quite a list. The good thing a lot of these recipes don't take too long at all to make. Plus sampling is always a PLUS!!!
NO HOMEWORK: I love Christmas Break for the fact that my kids don't have school and that means no DAILY HOMEWORK!!! Except I'll make sure that they still read. I also love that I don't have to get them by a certain time and if I can sleep in a little because Little Monster is still asleep than I CAN!!! Who doesnt like to SLEEP IN on a NON SCHOOL DAY??? OH YEAH, the KIDS
Christmas Carols: LOVE THEM. I used to go caroling when I was in High School, but it wouldn't be much fun right now because the kids don't know many of the songs yet, and if they do they wouldn't sing, so I'm looking forward to that when they get older. Of course, I can't sing now!! I sound like the penguin from HAPPY FEET. So don't ask me to sing now, because you'll wish you hadn'twhen I'm barely done.
Hair CUTS!!! --- Just got one yesturday. LOVE IT!!! But I got it in preparation for what is happening tomorrow. And it does have something to do with hair. But I'm not telling till tomorrow night.
Wrestling -- My family is wrestling on my KING SIZED bed, and all the sheets are off, the blankets everything!!! It's all the kids versus DAD!! So they are trying to push Dad off the bed while he is trying to get them off the bed. Once they are off they are OUT!! Dad is winning so far. Cheap entertainment -- I LOVE IT!!! At least they are all having fun, and the only rule is that they have to make the bed when they are all done. My husband is so GOOD with the KIDS.
LAUNDRY --- Have I mentioned how I HATE IT !!! Because I do. Speaking of which I have about 7 loads to go and fold. They're staring at me and I'm SCARED. I better go attack them before they come during the night and suffocate me. YES IT'S THAT BAD.
Christmas Countdown: I can't believe that there is only 5 days left until Christmas. Well I guess there is a little more then 5 but WHO'S COUNTING??? Geesh

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails