While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, December 4, 2008

... and the bill came back and I don't even owe $1.00

FINALLY !!!!

REMEMBER THIS POST followed by this one well I just looked at my mail from the other day a noticed a statement from my insurance company that says the midwive's office rebilled the insurance company using the main Midwife's name and now I don't owe ANYTHING!!! NADA !!! ZILCH!!!!

What a great Christmas Present!!! I thought we'd at least have to pay our $20.00 co-pay but we're not going to have to pay that either. Now I can truly say that persistence does pay off. Quite the headache, but well worth it.

This is a procedure that I had done back in August of 2007 and it just now has been settled the way in which it should have been done the first time.

Just a word to the unwise -- seriously know what you should and shouldn't be charged ahead of time, and really know if that provider is "in-network" or "out -of -network" by calling the insurance company with the exact providers name. Document everything, dates you call people, who you talk to, and what they said, it'll help you in the long run, I didn't write it down, I just told people what happened verbally and it's taken a really long time to get it worked out. But all worries laid aside, I'm not going back to that office to have anything done again, unless my insurance changes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great Christmas present -- $900 is a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know paying nearly $900 or $000 --- Gee that's a toss up. But at least I can sleep easily at night now.

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails