While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm so engrossed ...

I've pretty much "WASTED" today away. For more than one reason. Thursday Night or should I say Friday morning, my BABY BOY woke up right before 3am and didn't go back to sleep until around 6:20am -- yeah, when it was almost time for me to get up anyway!! I had started cleaning up my kitchen since I wasn't getting to go back to sleep, and pretty much I had been awake since before 3am. I was quite tired already and the day hadn't really started. I made sure to tell my husband before work that I was pretty tired and then when he came home if sometime after 6pm I "crashed" into a slumber to LEAVE ME BE!!! I didn't get much rest on Friday because we decided to hold Heidi's "belated" birthday party from last month so she could celebrate with some friends. After the party I cleaned up the mess, we ate dinner -- which DH made !! and then I said, after dinner I'm going to hybernate in my room and don't want to be disturbed. I ended up going to sleep around 8pm !! I slept good and didn't hear any of the kids really until about 5am on Saturday morning. I came out to see what was happening and DH was sitting on the couch with BABY BOY in his arms and was trying to get him to go to sleep again. Not to mention that all the kids were asleep here as well (FRIDAY MOVIE NIGHT) - Thomas didn't have his "bedtime" pullup on so he had awaken as well because he "wet" himself on my floor, and all DH could say was "oh, I forgot about that" --- my comeback??? "Well, that's why you need to take your turn at this more often so your more 'practiced' " he just laughed.

I was grateful that he did allow me to sleep all that time and not be interupted. I haven't had that since Mid July!! It was great. The other reason I've "wasted" my day was that I didn't feel well for most of it and had no desire to do ANYTHING, except ...... read New Moon. I read it like all day and didn't make meals didn't clean anything --- heck I barely put daytime clothes on even though I wanted to remain in PJ's all day. I have been lucky enough to force myself on a walk mostly for selfish reasons --- to find someone in my neighborhood that had a copy of Eclipse that I could borrow, and luckily I found one ---- so now I'm starting into book number 3!! I don't know why I can't put it down!!! I guess that is when you know it's a good read. Maybe it's the sure thrill of the "danger" without getting too involved physically. Who knows?? For once it's a little after 10pm and all the kiddos are asleep and DH is on his nightly walk the the Amber --- our dog!! Yes, we do have a DOG, we've had her for well a few months longer than we've had Heidi so over 6 years now!!

So it's quiet and I could go read some more, only I need to make some rolls or something to take for a potluck tomorrow. Aghh!! I don't know for sure what I want to bring. But the rolls are tempting especially because I just made a few batches of Jam this last week. It's to die for. Peach Strawberry, and Peach Raspberry. YUM YUM

2 comments:

  1. What a good husband!!!! You deserved a day off. Expecially to read New Moon and Eclipse!! I don't know what it is about those books, but they are TERRIBLY addicting!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Those books are worth the waste of time! haha! Kudos to chris for giving you a break!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails