While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm a blogger !!

I just realized that I've been keeping a blog for over a year now!! My first post was August 13th, I've come a long way since then. I'm so excited this is the most "journal keeping" and "memory recording" that I've done consecutively probably since college. Some of the things I don't think I'd ever remember if it weren't for this. I am so glad I decided to jump on the bandwagon and become a blogger. Mostly it's just silly, nonsense and sometimes I legitimately have something that I've learned that I want to remember and share with others. I know that by reading my friends blogs and other posts out there, that I too have learned a great deal. Besides it is FUN!! Heck, I even have people on different continents checking out my blog -- I don't know if that is intentional or they just happen to stumble upon it. I know that today is Patriot Day!! And I sit back and wonder what exactly I was doing that day as the events unfolded. I actually watched the second plane crash into the towers, and just felt ill the rest of the day. I felt horrible for how these innocent 1000's of people died at the hands of evil people. It was a day that I don't want to experience ever again, and one that I had wished didn't take place the first time. I had just returned from my brother in laws wedding in Oakland, CA. They were married Sept 7, 2001 and we returned like two days before I believe.... but see -- if I had actually taken the time before to record these events and memories and thoughts that I've had over the last decade since being married -- I wouldn't have any trouble remembering the important things, the fun things, the things I've done that were STUPID, and other such things. Here's to blogging.





I blog because I enjoy it, it's therapeutic, and a great way to be motivated to record my life and the life of those I care about.



Why do you like blogging, or keeping a journal (if you don't blog)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails