While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, January 10, 2008

In Memory of Kristy Ragsdale







I'm so touched right now, we learned of the passing of a friend, Kristy Ragsdale, my husband knew as a teenager. She was kind of like a kid sister to him. I didn't even know her but feel like I did as I've read through the numbers and numbers of entries on a blog set up in her memory. It was something that happened here in Utah. It was this last Sunday Jan 6th, ( this was also to be her 30th birthday) ---so she is just a few months older than I am. She was in the process of going through a divorce, and her husband shot her after she got out of the car and about to walk to the building. It came from behind and she had no warning, and about 6 feet away stood her mother. How Sad !! All I can do is CRY!! My poor husband --- he's never actually known anyone close that has passed away until my Grandfather did back in Dec 2004. He's so filled with emotion right now too. So after I've read through a lot of the entries I feel like she was someone I would have liked well!!! The saddest thing is that she leaves behind two little boys, Brandon and Carter (one is 4 years old and the other is 18months) --- When I think about that -- that's what gets me. I can't even imagine leaving this world right now, let alone leaving all my children behind. So I've come to the conclusion that it is moments and times like these when I'm grateful for the plan of salvation. The only way I've been able to work through this is by praying and reading my scriptures. So I may not have known her but I'm surely being affected by it. Not only am I sad for her family, but it also brings fresh tears from my own losses. My Grandpa in 2004 and a Grandma in 1988.

This woman seemed to have left a legacy of happiness, caring, love, friendship, and almost anything that is good. I sure hope that people will be able to recall those things about me when I'm gone.

My husband and his family all knew her, so in order for them to all go to the funeral -- I've offered to watch the kids so that they can go and pay their respects.

I'm so glad that I know FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER if we live righteously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails