While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, November 2, 2007

Our Halloween !!

Yes, my two year old little guy decided that he wanted to go with the devil costume that I borrowed from my sister in law. Only every time I tried to put it on him, he ran away and screamed, " NO!! DON'T PUT THAT ON ME!!"

But everytime someone would ask, " What are you going to be for Halloween?" What did he say? You guessed it --- " A Devil" Halloween night came and went and no devil was seen on the likes of Thomas. So I tried to dress him in a black cape that I made for my girls two halloweens ago when they were all witches, I put the smallest one on him and he said," I'm gonna be SUPERMAN!" and then he'd attempt to run all around the yard and house wearing the black cape. GREAT I thought he can just wear the BLACK CAPE and be SUPERMAN, I don't care he's only 2!! He might later on in life when he looks back at the pictures and asks what the heck were you thinking mom?? Oh well.

So we eat dinner Halloween night and proceeded to get costumes on and their treat bags located, and when I got Thomas all dressed up or tried to, he once again ran away screaming at the top of his lungs, " I DON'T WANT TO WEAR THAT!! DON'T PUT THAT ON ME!!!" So what am I supposed to do? HE didn't want to dress up, but he knew that he would get candy if he went trick or treating. So he's wearing his normal daytime clothes and just wanted to grab his blankie because he's a "blankie baby" and then to my surprise -- Katherine piped in, " Mom, I know!! He can be Linus!!" --- CLICK!!



There you have it, Thomas was Linus for halloween.


Ethan, of course, was a lot easier because he was a baby and didn't really have a say. But at least he was nice and warm while we went out trick or treating.

Heidi was able to dress up at school and decided to be Goldilocks at school since that fell under her choices of "curriculum" based costume ideas. I had her hair curled the first part of the day and sprayed it, but the curls ended up coming undone and just made the ends of her hair curled under. So for Trick or Treating she decided to be "Goldilocks gone movie Star" -- Thus the addition of the glasses. The only thing different from how she dressed up at school.


Katherine, is my all time most creative child. Very artistic and thoughtful. We were able to get an apron from our neighbor and she did the art work herself. So she went as an Artist. She loves to draw, paint, color, and make crafts. This girl is very creative.


Last of my kids is Kaylee who wanted to be a "cowgirl" So I bought the shirt and vest at DI the day before and we borrowed the hat from our same neighbor. We were lacking actual cowgirl boots but she were some boots anyway.

IF you've noticed the bags -- like the one Kaylee is holding -- I made those this year for their treats. I want to get rid of the big and bulky "pumpkin buckets" that we've used in the past. So will see if these bags are still good next year or I might make new ones, that are more in the design of Halloween. But -- they enjoyed carrying those bags, and they liked them. Because they each were able to pick their own material off the $1/yard table at Walmart. I finished the last two just a few minutes before we were ready to have dinner and then leave about 45 minutes later.

But I still believe that Halloween is highly overrated and next year -- I want to talk my kids into just doing a halloween party instead of going Trick or Treating. We'll see what I can pull off.



My kids came up with their own costume ideas and mom, just helped them get it together. Makes is so much easier on me.











1 comment:

  1. That's such a good idea to let them choose their own fabric for the bags - smart thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails