While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, September 24, 2007

Whew!! It's not a ....

Okay so my baby, has been driving me crazy for about two weeks now. I'm absolutely drained of any energy that I have -- I finally took the little creature into the doctors office this morning. Which I think at this point in time the appointment was more for my sanity than for the actual illness or ailment of my child.

The doctor checked him out -- he weighs in now at 18 pounds and is only 5 and half months old. WOW!!

He doesn't have any ear infections like I was thinking he could have had. But the doctor did say his throat was a little red, so a mild sore throat and teething pain!!

I had intuition telling me it could have been teething pain or it could have been an ear infection since he was always grabbing at his ears!!

So yeah for me that he really doesn't have an ear infection, but sad for baby that he is in so much pain.

That's one of the difficulties you face as being a mom, that you don't know exactly what ails your child everytime they start acting funny. So you have to use your best judgement -- or to keep your sanity with an unconsolable child, take him/her to the doctor and let them reassure you that you are doing a great job!!

Because lets face it -- it isn't as glamourous as being a "movie star", and the pay isn't anywhere close --but the joy's you recieve, and the happiness your child gives you is all worth the time and sacrifice you give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails