While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary to my Mother and Father in law ....Part 1

Tonight was the part 1 in a 2 part celebration for my in laws 50th Anniversary!!

My husband and I along with all of his siblings and their spouses or fiance gathered with his parents up in Salt Lake City at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building at the The Roof Restaurant for a special evening. We enjoyed the food, and the company and the conversation, and the time came for the "tributes".

Each of the children took a few moments to make a special comment or two about their parents and share memories. They all did a great job!! I of course, was crying the whole time and had tears coming out my eyes the majority of the night. But there was definitely a special sweet spirit in that room with all of us tonight.

I did get a little HOT and uncomfortable but I managed to make it through. I did however have to stand and pace a little in what little space existed so that I could ease some of the pain in my back. After all the tributes were done, we presented to them the two gifts that we had all chipped in for. One being a beautiful custom made quilt and the other .... the project I was working on all summer long. I had gathered pictures from all of my husband's siblings and spent many hours scanning and putting together an Anniversary book for them. It was all digital and we had it printed. I think they liked it, and that's what I've been hoping to hear. It really is a special book, filled with love and lots of memories. One to be treasured for years to come!!

Now, we get to go tomorrow for Day 2 of celebrating and this will start off with a Family Picture.... I just seriously hope that it goes off without any problems and not too much chaos!! And then onto my sister in laws house for the rest of the day. I'm just hoping that my little baby decides to wait till after tomorrow before she wants to come. It really will make things a lot easier if she waits. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow. Tonight I didn't get too many, but I'll make up for it tomorrow.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails