While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Final week of Summer Break

Here I am at the closing of another summer break and my kids are about to start school once again. This year I'll have four in school ALL day and one little guy at home for just a few days until we have our little Esther. Then I'll have the two at home. I'm sure Ethan will be such a big help with his little sister that I'll just savor up each moment I get to spend with the two of them.

So as that time comes closer and closer, I can't help but feel like this summer has just flown by. Mainly because I was undertaking a huge project that I just finished up this last weekend. I'm glad to have that out of the way, and now I can really focus on getting my house dejunked now. The dejunking was put aside when I took on this project through delegation and then got sucked into it. But it can be revealed shortly what exactly it was, but until then it will have to remain a surprise.

I can't believe my children are growing so fast!! I'll have a first grader, a fourth grader, 6th grader and one in 7th grade this year. I seriously can't be this old already. Not to mention that baby 6, our little Esther will be here in just a few short weeks. But I guess it is possible to have all of this, when I started having kids in my early 20's.

The one thing about pregnancy that I wish I could capture would be movements this baby has been making for the last several months. I could do without the swollen feet, the pain in my back and other pregnancy side effects that make it feel like a miserable experience. But the movement I love!! Even the hurtful movements like she's trying to bust out of there... haha.

I'm still not quite ready for the little lady but I do believe I can get caught up within the next week or so and get to where I was hoping to be at the beginning of the summer before I had to take on a huge project that became my life for the last 2 months. But that's okay... it's all working out.

I'm completely overwhelmed with the thought of adding another child, but know that everything will work out somehow. I just need to have faith and know that I can do this. The kids are all excited, and Ethan seems to be the most excited. With school starting up and a new baby coming really soon.... the house work needs to be getting done on a regular basis, and as of late because of my project things were getting left undone. And by the time I've had a minute to do something, I chose to snooze, or sit down and do nothing instead. So I've got my work cut out for me and need to get a school schedule completed so that my kids will know what needs to be done and when. (And hoping that they will adapt to that very quickly).

So now I get ready to resume my normal life and get things back on track and develop our schedule all while feeling the life within me moving around as a constant reminder that things are about to change again. Here's to getting things done and not feeling quite so overwhelmed about being a new mommy again.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails