While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 2 and Day 3 of our summer.

SUMMER HISTORY ---- don't read if you are easily bored and don't really care.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay so Day 2 ---- we headed up to the Orem Library and registered for their summer reading program as well. Since our Provo City card can be used there as well. And of course, I couldn't leave there without the kids begging to check a book out from there. So we left with four books. On the way home, we made a spontaneous stop at a park to let them play and they had a fun time. The girls (Katherine and Heidi) had activity days at 4pm and they ended up making banana bread. It was really good, because I sampled some when they brought it home. I then was asked if I could help out with the Young Women that night because they were working on their sewing project of making PJ bottoms for Girls Camp later this summer. Well.... we are at square one with Kaylee seeing as how the wrong size pattern was picked for Kaylee in the first place. So now, I'll help her here at home to get her pair made before camp. And while I was there with Ethan and Kaylee everyone else was at Thomas's T-ball practice.

Crazy night. But it was fun!

Day 3 --- Pretty lazy morning ... and I feel so unmotivated to do anything. Kind of stinks that I don't have any energy to get anything done. Oh well... I am happy because I did purchase a photo prop I've been looking for in my price range and that was pretty much the hi-lite of the day until I went to book group tonight. But I only made it there, after we had to drop Katherine off at one field for a GAME!! and for her pictures at 4:30 -- and then have Ethan at a different field for his first night of Start Smart baseball/tball whatever you want to call it. He was SO EXCITED!! Next time I should remember to take my camera and get a picture. After his thing was over, we went back to the first field where Katherine was at and caught the last of her game, and she made it to first base because of a walk, and then the next player had a GREAT hit which allowed Katherine to run all the way to home and score. (Well, she really would have been out but the catcher dropped the ball - so Katherine got lucky)

She later asked me if she was safe or not, because she didn't know. Kind of fun watching her play. Came home made dinner and then out the door I went to book group and stayed for three hours. It's amazing how time flies when you are in good company and good discussion, not to mention the GOOD FOOD!! I didn't read the book yet seeing as how it was in-transit most of this last month. Little did I realize that it was coming from Great Britain when I ordered it off from Amazon. Maybe it said where it was coming from and I missed it, but seriously I didn't have a clue till the package arrived and it said Great Britain ---blah blah... something Royal Mail.... yeah... so I just barely got it like Friday or Saturday last and didn't have time scheduled in this week to read it. But it sounds like a great read that I'll for sure get in when I'm spending hours nursing a baby in a few more months.

And now my girls are having a sleep over with a friend and I'm going to go to bed. I know boring, but for me ... it's history. My history and when the kids ask me what they did during the summer.... BAM --- I can show them this and they'll never forget what they did.


Oh not to forget, but Kaylee ended up spending most of her day with her friend Serena and ended up going swimming and had a lot of fun. She was with her for about 7 hours today. I'm so glad that they have friends that I feel they can spend time with and won't be doing things I feel are inappropriate. It's great to see her going off and doing these things and having lots of fun.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails