While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My surprise Saturday....

What a whirlwind of a week, and weekend!! Oh my.

So a few months ago, I asked if I could go along on a wedding photo shoot, and go as a "Second Shooter". I knew the photographer, and she liked the idea. I was excited, and looked forward to it.

Well, yesterday (Dec 16th) I was informed that I might be the only photographer going at all. WHAT?? Are you kidding me?? No way?? (She's due to have her baby in two weeks, and was having some contractions and decided to play it safe)

Talk about being put on the spot. I've never photographed a wedding in this capacity before and just really hoped I could do some justice to the bride and grooms special day.

Well, not only was this my first wedding, but the drive about and hour and 40 minutes one way was LONG, and I don't think I ever turned off my windshield wipers the whole time. It was crazy.

I felt very nervous and excited all at once. Probably more nervous then excited!

I got to the temple with what I thought was a few minutes to spare. (I was waiting around another 45 minutes or so before they came out of the temple)

I watched bride after bride with their grooms come out of the temple today. They were all gorgeous and beautiful!!

I was getting more nervous as the time went on, but I felt relieved when I finally saw familiar faces come out of the temple. AND had to make SURE they knew that I was totally being put on the spot. I wasn't ready for this by any means.

But I think I captured a few great shots that I hope they'll cherish forever.

So here are a few shots ....










    


So now I will go lay down, and call it a night...(I actually saved this and came back to it just now -- so it's not night time any longer)   and look at these some more later.  These aren't even MY favorites. Okay maybe one of them is listed in "my favorites" but there are more.   Next time I "shoot" a wedding I really want to just be the "Understudy" and not take the lead role with such little notification.  And Elisha.... I'd really have loved to have you be there and learn from you, rather then pretending I knew what was up.  But I do understand why. Thanks for agreeing to let me do this in the first place as a second shooter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails