While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A first for me...

I must be a little or maybe a lot on the extremely dumb side right now. It's after midnight here, and I'm still awake while everyone else has been sleeping for hours. Okay not quite hours but still it's been a little while, but just as soon as I update this, I promise, I'm going straight to bed.

I ventured out to create my very first digital paper pack.

Why?

Good Question. Well, there is a good friend, and neighbor that we have who was recently in a bad accident that has left him paralyzed. Members from my church congregation are going to host a community fundraiser through a yard sale and such but are also going to do an online fundraiser too.

I really wanted to be able to contribute something of a "tangible" donation and racked my brain trying to figure out what I could do. I started thinking about what my talents are... yeah I love to take pictures of my kids, and I want to be better photographer but lets face it... I not really equipped to do that kind of thing, and I'm not that great. But I also really like to bake rolls, cookies, and will eat them for free too.

Then I switched gears and realized that I could do something along the lines of digital scrapbooking. So I created my first paper pack that I can "donate" to this cause. Of course, it can be bought over and over with just the creation of it once. So to excite fellow digi users I decided to put together a two page layout to show off on my blog.

So here is my creation and everything is MY OWN.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Stars and Stripes Preview



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails