While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, April 12, 2010

A few things I don't want to forget....

A few things I don't want to forget.... so forgive me while I expand my thoughts.

On Ethan's 3rd birthday --- Thomas came up and asked his Dad to take the training wheels of his bike.  Dad did so, and then on his first go of it with a little help getting on from his Dad, Thomas never fell and balanced on his bike just fine.  And before yesterday was over (since that was Ethan's 3rd birthday) he can get on his bike by himself, and start going.  He was so great at it, and such a natural. And to think I almost missed watching his first time trying.  Luckily I didn't though!! 

Ethan is now 3 and seems to be such a big kid now, but he still seems so little.  Now if we can just get him to fall asleep in his room, on his bed and stay there every night, all night long.... well then we'd be going to a HAPPY place.  Or at least I would because, as it is... I have sleep problems.   If you can put two and two together you can probably figure it out.  And yes, I've heard lock him in his room, and other such things but this is where ... the hubs and I don't see eye to eye.  I'd be perfectly okay with it, but he isn't .  Sometimes, I actually just sit outside his door holding the door knob while reading a book with background noises of a preschooler screaming, and the occasional body slam against the door quickly followed by the falling to the floor.  With constant repeats of " Let me out of here"  "I'm just Ethan" and other such phrases.   But I love him anyways, because really he does LOVE to cuddle and snuggle, and sometimes (like when I don't have any other pressing matters at hand that need to be taken care of) I love that cuddle/snuggle time.  And if he is to be out last, I don't really want to "WISH" these moments and times away thinking he needs to be sleeping in his bed, which he does, but really is it going to kill me to spend a little more time holding and cuddling my baby?  Probably not.  So Ethan... if you are reading this just know that yes, you were difficult when it came to sleeping at night and all things pertaining to getting to such a state.  But also know, that I love you very much, and wouldn't trade you for anything.  And as you always say..." I love you, more than chocolate!!"   You really are a sweet, caring and understanding boy... well maybe not so much understanding but you do like to make me laugh and that is always a good thing.  


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails