While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's been one week now, since my daughter had her tonsils taken out. She's been camped out on the living room couch, seeing how where she sleeps normally is the top bunk in her room, we thought it'd be easier for her to just sleep in here, and if I needed to help her out with something it is completely easier to do from the couch, rather than up on her top bunk.

She still hasn't gone back to school yet, and hopefully tomorrow she will be able to go, and do just fine. I feel bad though, because she has been a participant as a cheerleader with the school, and their last performance is tonight, and she probably won't be able to join in. :( But our other daughter will, and we'll all be there to watch her at least.

Sleeping Beauty has really been living up to her name this last week, because she's been sleeping till 10 or 11 in the AM most days, and I'm not feeling the need to wake her from her slumbering sleep, because I know that is exactly when the body is able to heal itself the most, is during sleep. Plus she looks so darn cute while she's asleep it's hard for me not to just sit and watch her. But don't get me wrong here, this isn't the only thing she's been doing. She's been eating popsicles like they are going out of style and no longer going to be made. And the funny thing is she isn't too LAZY to go and get her own "food" that she eats on, but something tells me there is a problem in her laziness when it comes to taking her "trash" or dishes back to the kitchen. So she has a bowl that has three popsicle's worth of sticks and wrappers, and partially melted liquid from the once frozen treats. And has managed to spill quite a few times on my couch. So tomorrow, when she's done being on my couch, I'm stripping the fabric off and throwing it in the wash .... because I can do that!! Then they will be clean once again!! Yeah.

She's been so quiet and now, we can start to see the "drama queen" coming back to life, because when we mentioned she needed to sleep in her bed, she pushed the "I'm in pain, and start to tear up" button and right on cue... she had tears coming down her face, and holding her throat area or rather pointing to it. She's taken on a time of limited talking and thinks now that she doesn't need to talk at all. WRONG !!! You have to talk, and you can start talking again. Just no yelling.

It is rather fun, to have her company her during the day, and getting such random hugs for no reason at all!! Totally not her. Or at least the old her, who knows, maybe there really is something to the whole growing up and maturing and maybe there really is hope that she'll be a helpful contributing citizen when she is grown.

Last night after dinner she managed to tell me this: " I don't' know what it is, but whenever the TV is on I don't have a headache, but when you and dad are talking I get a headache."

WHAT?? I think it's just her way of saying SHUT UP YOU CRAZY PEOPLE, and let me watch this show.

She's a total TV nut, and I have to admit that I don't quite limit it all that much during the colder months, so she gets like a lot of hours of screen time in, but I have told her to work on her homework now, so that she can try and catch up sooner rather than later, but it might not be till after Thanksgiving before she's all caught up!!

I've been such a terrible night owl this week, but I think it has something to do with a certain book I've been sucked into reading, and totally LOVE IT!!! But I really either A) need to finish the book, and then use tomorrow as my CLEAN THE HOUSE day, since I've basically done NOTHING for the last two because I've been reading this book. I've managed to keep the dishes washed up, and clean up the living room floor, but I have a LOT of LAUNDRY AGAIN, that needs to be folded and put away. AGHH. Or B) Ignore that I have anything to do at all, and just don't care. (But I think that kind of just sounds like option A.) or C) Put the book down and never look at it again. BUT ... I'm not going to do that, so I guess I'll just have to bear with one more day of not getting A LOT done, and then I can take a break from reading for a day, and then start in with the next book I already have, and by the time I finish this one, hopefully a book or two I have on hold at the local library is ready for a round.

I'm just kind of frustrated, that I spend lots of time on cleaning up a room, and just within an hour or less looks like I've done nothing all day. I just can't help but wonder, when the kids are all grown, if the house will remain in tact for more than an hour. And really right now, it's only one room that remains in tact, and the others are all drowning in a mess of JUNK. So I can only hope that when the wee ones aren't so wee anymore, that my home will look more inviting to those who don't visit now, so that in the future I'll get more visitors!! Yeah, I pretty much like people stopping in and saying Hi to me, but don't get much of that at ALL!!! It seems as if I have to go other places just to visit, but oh well.

I have good friends, and great family, and enjoy being with all of them. And this year as Thanksgiving approaches, I've been thinking more and more on the whole concept of family and really like how family can pull together when help is needed, or hard times come, and members of such families, often lend shoulders to cry on, or ears for listening, or themselves just as company. The wee ones are full of humor when they aren't full of throwing fits, and getting angry and mad at each other, and the old ones are always fun because there are always interesting conversations had with them. I cherish my family members near and far!! And always pray for their safety and health. And sometimes, even pray for them to have some fortunate times instead of unfortunate times. I love my nieces and nephews, and have enjoyed watching them all grow and get older. Yikes... some are entering their teens now, and others are still awaiting arrival to this earth!!! And family has a way of making you feel loved no matter how much of a dork you can be. (actually replace the you with I/me).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails