While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Love my Nieces to Pieces....

I had the chance to go and visit my sister the other day. She lives up in Roy, Utah. Which is about a little more than an hour drive away from where I live. I don't get the chance to see her very often while I have kids in school, but Friday was an exception trip. See she had at least 5 bags full of clothes she cleaned out of her son's closet and stuff she had stored that he has already outgrown. Bonus for me I get to go see her, AND I got clothes for my son. A lot of which, we will have to store for a few years, but when he can fit them cha-ching... we have clothes for our growing boy!! But in addition to going and visit her, I get to see her adorable little girls. One who is in Kindergarten, but goes to the afternoon class, and wasn't at school yet when I arrived. The other one is about 19 months old. They are both really cute kids, and so I decided to take a few shots of them, and see what I could come up with. Here is the younger daughter.


BEFORE:
AFTER: Not a lot changed in the editing, but I really loved the lighting that came in from the huge window in my sisters house, and couldn't resist getting this shot.


Now I have my older niece, who had just finished getting ready for school.
Before:

After:
Before: Here she is with my two boys.

After: She is so darn cute!!

This week, I want to get up the canyons close to where I live, and try to get pictures of my kids with the fall leaves. Not sure if that will pan out, since there is a storm brewing starting Tuesday. But if I can find shirts that coordinate between all of them, then I'll just head up hopefully tomorrow, and get some pictures taken. I haven't gotten a decent picture of all my kids taken in a long time. But hopefully they will behave so that I can get them individually, and as a group. If they turn out good, I'm going to venture out to others, just so I can practice. Of course, I'm just doing these with a digital point and shoot, but I'm still learning all the other elements of the photo shooting process, like the composition, working with the light, framing the picture, etc... So in the future I can upgrade the camera and hopefully make a little extra $$ on the side.


So do tell me what you think???
What is something you are passionate about, or want to get into a little more?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails