While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, February 23, 2009

Things that make you go Hmmm ....

Okay I was just wondering the other day, while I was driving my car, if anyone else ever "notices" the things they drive by like I do. I'll see something and then think about it, but in order for me to want to think about it, a few things need to be in place a) is it something I'm used to seeing, because if it is I don't really think about it, and b) would this catch someone else's attention -- well who cares if it won't what matters is if it catches mine.

So here are a few of my observations from a few weeks ago. I'm starting to think I'm liking carrying my camera with me everywhere -- because you just never KNOW when you might want or need it. Right??

This was a car that I saw while driving one afternoon to get my daughters from school. It was colorful, and bright, and I don't see how anyone could miss it. But I have to ask, what on earth possesses people to drive cars that have "paint" jobs like this. It looks like they tried to be frugal, and apparently are do it yourselfers, but please WHY??? It looks obnoxious, and almost looks as if they couldn't decide what color to use, and wanted to "spot test" a few different areas so that they could try them all on for "size". But then again, I don't know why they did this, but seriously if they think it looks cool --ummm I think they need to realize that it doesn't quite look that "COOL".






I saw this on the way to get my girls and just thought how beautiful it looked to me. I love overcast skies, and especially when you can see the trees that are bare that sit in front of such a beautiful scene. With how dark it looks you'd think it was near dusk, but it actually was around 3pm and I just couldn't help myself. I love the sunlight trying to get through the thick covering of clouds --- it's just AMAZING to me.


You're probably thinking why I'm putting this on. Well let me explain. I've seen this same thing a few days in a row, and it just makes me go CRAZY!!! This is a somewhat BUSY intersection by a school I drive by everyday. The shocker ??? I see a young boy about 1st or 2nd grade "aged" finishing crossing this street by himself. I then looked to the direction he came from and didn't see any parents watching him cross safely. I sat back and knew that I wouldn't let my own kids cross such a busy street by themself without another "responsible" adult to ensure their safety (as much as can be expected). Would you allow your child to cross such a busy intersection by him/her self and not think twice about it???

Luckily he crossed the few times by himself, but why didn't a parent go with him?? Hmmm.

Do you ever see things that make you question the "motive"???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails