While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Be SMART DON"T START

Well, now that the stress of Halloween is over, aaahhhhh I can sit back and relax!!!












Okay well now I'm back to work again, I've got a sinkful and then some of dishes to get caught up on, and about 5 loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away ---- and more laundry to do and more dishes to wash even after all this is done.



The reason I got behind : well I decided to throw my girls a Halloween party this year and we did that on Thursday and had a really fun time, but what made it a pain in my butt was the fact that the two older girls changed their minds about a month ago as far as what they wanted to be went. They were going to be an Oreo and Abe Lincoln, then they saw an ad from Partyland with all the costumes there and decided to be Cleopatra and "Morticia" -- which turned into the "Grand High Witch" for part of the day. I was busy making the costumes this week, trying to keep on the kitchen and FAILED MISERABLY!!! But I didn't even get to carving any pumpkins until an hour before we went out Trick or Treating. Pretty SAD!! I was going to make the kids Halloween Trick or Treat bags this year out of Halloween fabric, which I bought and had the handle stuff -- but I didn't get to the point of having enough time to make those too, I'm pathetic at trying to schedule my time better. But to add to the craziness the kids had their Red Ribbon Week this week and they did a balloon launch on Thursday at their school. (which was the same day I was making costumes and doing the party) So since I'm on the Yearbook committee again this year I was there trying to take pictures for that and WOW the most amazing thing took place.












Call me CRAZY, but things are REALLY touching to ME!!! Imagine having 500 students all gathered around a baseball diamond most of them wearing RED shirts and then holding onto strings attached to Red Balloons. As soon as all students are out, they start chanting " BE SMART DON'T START!!" I got chills up and down my back while they were saying this like a dozen times or so, which in turn made me almost want to CRY -- I think I might have shed a tear or two!! Then they started off with a countdown from 10 ..to .. 5... and then doen yo 1 and what a SIGHT. All the kids let go of their balloon and off they went!! I hope these kids stay SMART and DON'T start. Because it really is a SCARY world knowing that this CRAP exists out there, I just pray that in another 10 years that all these kids have chosen not to start.















Look at all of those balloons!!! IT was so COOL!!! I had my two boys with me also and they were just LOVIN it BIG TIME !! T-Man even said that we need to get balloons and do our own launch here at home. Maybe I'll have to do that.


1 comment:

  1. "99 red balloons go by..."

    Those pictures brought that song to mind. Those pictures are fun.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails