While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby Boy turns 18 Months Old!!

Technically not until Friday, but I want to get a head start on what I want to say right now. This was Easter Sunday 2007 just two days before I had this bundle of joy, frustration, silliness, pain, tears, and love.
April 10th, 2007 my fifth little child made his debut. The birth story goes something like this: On Wednesday April 4th I had an appointment with the OBGYN, and was said to be dialated to almost a 3 but because I wasn't technically due for another 3 1/2 weeks they weren't going to do anything about it -- despite the fact that I was having labor pains on and off for the last few weeks before that. Plus they also told me that the presentation of the baby was breech. OH GREAT - NOT AGAIN!! So I got a little freaked out hearing this since child #2 was breech also. Which required a c-section for hers. So Friday the 6th of April, our family drove to Manti to attend a wedding there for a friend of my husbands. My sister was visiting us this weekend and was staying with us, so she came along as well, to watch the four kids outside the temple while we were inside. While in the middle of the ceremony, I started having contractions!! Mind you I was in Manti and about a good almost 2 hours from the hospital we needed to go to. The contractions were coming regularly and were hurting, and everything was by the book. I was having the contractions for nearly 30 minutes and then they graciously subsided while we drove frantically the rest of the way home. But as soon as we hit Spanish Fork headed north on the freeway they started up again. And they were happening for the next few hours. I decided to finally go to the hospital to see if I was in fact in labor or what. (these were starting to get painful) -- we had my sister watch the kids for us while we ran to the hospital, and then were there for nearly 6 hours before they finally sent us home. The doctor wanted to give me a morphine shot but I refused due to the extreme effects it had on me with child #4 T-Man. (Which story I will retell later) -- But while at the hospital the nurses checked me and said that I was a four but they wouldn't do anything because I wasn't showing any progress since I showed up there.
I seriously was fuming because here I am a pregnant lady and was told just a few days earlier that my baby was breech and chances were good that I was going to have a c-section for the delivery of this child, and I've been having labor pains up the ying-yang and was not sleeping well, and pains galore all over the place and they were sending me home. AAGGHHH!!! So they simply put me on bedrest for the next few days and said that I needed to take it easy because they didn't want the baby being born too early. The due date was April 21st, and it was April 7th now. So all day Saturday I was in bed, and left getting Easter stuff ready up to my husband, who said he would take care of it. I think that was the first time ever since we had kids that he was taking care of it. He made the dinner too!! Which was nice by the way!!

Tuesday April 10th, I had my next appointment and while I was there I explained what was going on and that despite the fact that I was put on bed rest, I still had contractions on and off all weekend long. Bless the lady who I saw that day because she checked me and said that I was an easy 4 and was surprised that I was told to go home on Friday. She did check to see if the baby was still breech and then talked with the doctor to see what could be done. That was all that was needed all plans were now in motion and the baby was being born that day. I had left my two kids that weren't in school yet with my friend Brenda. The older two were at school already, so I called my sister to see if she could come down from Roy to watch the kids until Chris was able to go back home and be with them. She was on her way but would take a good 2 hours or so before she could get there. So I called the school and talked with my daughters teacher, Cheryl who lives in my neigborhood, and asked her if she could bring home the girls because I wouldn't be able to get them. She quickly agreed -- she was pregnant also but not due for a few more months. I called Brenda and let her know what was going on and she said that she could watch the other two until my sister came down. Let my sister know what was going on with the kids and where they would be. And left it at that. I called Chris before all of this of course, and he was granted the rest of the day off and then had the rest of the week off so that he could be with the kids while I was recovering in the hospital from the last minute scheduled c-section. I was nervous, of course, but with a reassuring blessing from my husband I was able to feel more calmed and was able to go through the ordeal a little less frightened. Our little guy was born breech and had his cord wrapped around his neck, when just a week earlier they had done an ultrasound that said the cord was nowhere near his head. Luckily we had the baby that day, because any later he probably would have died. Luckily he didn't and now 18 months later he is quite the boy.

Here he is at his first Halloween. 6 months.

This is from our vacation in August 2008 when he was almost 16 months old. What a journey it has been. I have his well child check up on Friday morning which is the 10th of October and we'll see how he measures up. This kid is a CUTE MONSTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.


Related Posts with Thumbnails