While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I think I got carried away..... in the Spirit.

Once upon a time ago I was able to attend some classes at BYU's Education Week. This was several years ago, like I think I only had two maybe three kids at the time. But I just came across some sayings that I liked from a class that I attended. The presenters name was Angelle Anderson -- at least according to what I wrote, I think that was her name. But the class was titled " A Time To Laugh"



I want to just share my notes because they really just helped me while rereading them again. But, of course, my husband would like to disagree -- I think. But for me, I really like this.



A Clean House or A Happy House ??


A clean house while having children at home is like shoveling the snow while
it's still snowing.


It's better to be happy and messy rather then clean and mean.


Accept stubborness as a way of life with children. Bad mom moments need to be
shared ----- a motherhood heartbeat goes something like this : joy, pain, joy,
sorrow.


Proverbs 17:22 " A
merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the
bones. "

Write down those moments down that allow you to have a merry heart.

I really enjoyed re-reading some of these thoughts. I'm not promoting messy houses by any means but if it makes the difference of the type of Mom, you want to be then maybe some re-evaluations of your self might be needed. Of course, with all things it should be a matter of prayer. Which maybe I'm feeling this way because that is exactly what I need to do. I love having this sounding board, because it helps me find the answers to the problems and questions that I have as I start to really think about them and bring them to the front of my mind. I want to be a GREAT MOM!!! I want to be the MOM, that all the kids think is so COOL & FUN!!! So I really want to evaluate where the priorities need to be, in order to teach my kids to work, but also allow the time to enjoy them being "KIDS" even if that means they're going to be stubborn sometimes and they are going to get mad at me, and hate me. But in the end I hope that they realize that all of this was for their good. Kind of the same way that Heavenly Father does with us. We have trials and things that we need to learn or go through because there is something that will benefit us in the end, even despite our willingness (or rather lack of it).

I really would just like for my girls to make it through their teenage years and not have too many rough and difficult moments, and I pray everyday that peer pressure won't be an issue with them. That they will seriously know the difference between right and wrong. So I want to make sure I have the "safe haven" created here at home that they can feel comfortable in, and welcomed, and can have opinions whether they are right or wrong (within reason, of course).

Heck, I even want my boys to do the same, but be in the mindset that will be required for them to serve missions when the time comes. I think that every mom, tends to want what is best for her children, and there really is nothing wrong with that. As long as I can teach, and encourage without getting myself overly frustrated over things that are out of my control. I'll leave it to my Heavenly Father when those times face me.

************************************
Okay so seriously this wasn't what I wanted to say, but the words were coming and flowing from my thoughts and I just went with it. So in an effort to "write" those things down that make you happy, I think this applies to, for these are the dreams and wishes of my heart for my children and if these things were able to happen, that would bring me some great joy, and help me feel that it has all been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails