While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today marks exactly one week before school starts for this year. I'll have a 4th grader, 3rd grader and a 1st grader. And once again Katherine has Kaylee's previous teacher from the year before. It makes it kind of nice to know who they are already, but I can't help but think if some sibling "comparing" goes on with these teachers. This, of course, is only the second time this has happened -- so I guess I can't be too judgmental yet, besides I loved Kaylee's 3rd grade teacher and hope she works out nicely for Katherine as well. I was just talking the other day to a friend who made the remark something like this " isn't it funny how we think we'll get more things done once the kids are out of school and we don't have to take care of the school stuff in between our doing things around the house and taking care of errands and such. But then when the end of summer comes we can't wait for the kids to get back to school because we can get more done with them gone. " How true I find this cycle to be. I always wondered why my mom, was so anxious for school to start and now I think I finally know. Not that I don't love my kids or anything but, I find it the only thing remotely close to getting a "break" that I thrive on it. Yes, it's true that I've never been a morning person ( And I even had early morning seminary) but after my vacation this last week -- I think that I can finally start getting up early. Because if you think about it was waking up at 7am there and it was 5am here in Utah. So I know that I can totally do this. I just need to DO IT!! I am ready for them to start school despite the fact that I have to drive them everyday because they always had so much to do, and friends to play with and came home telling me about all the fun stuff that they did that day or how they hated lunch. And it gets me one step closer to getting them "out of the nest". Let's face it, I eventually want to have a life AGAIN!! Too bad it'll be when I'm much older, Like nearing 50! But hey, at least then my husband and I will be able to afford the trips we want to go on, and the remodeling to our home we might want to do and upgrading all of our furniture. It'll be fun, but for now I really like to enjoy my kids and the funny little things that they do. I just hope that while they live with us that they can learn all the things needed to be contributing citizens and know right from wrong.
One of our many pictures from vacation, in Boone, Iowa at my friend Sarah's house. You can obviously tell how happy they were to be taking the picture. I do have a lot of funny stories to relate but that will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails