I mean really come on!!
- Did I sign up to clean the cat water dish of all the cat food that gets spilled into it.
- Taking my kids to school everyday and giving up my morning of sleeping in!!
- Not having any solo time unless I'm in the bathroom or the kids are all asleep at night.
- Why do I have to fix all the "broken toys" or "hurts" that everyone has??
- What about needing to take my 3 1/2 year old to the bathroom because he refuses to go by himself. And we've been working on it since December 2007 !!
- Or how about that I make all the food and oh yeah --- you're supposed to clean up ALL The messes and not get much help from the kids!
- Or -- I get to wash all the laundry and no one else seems to know how to fold it or put it away but yet I get "blamed" because they don't have any clothes to wear!!
- Oh yeah, and what about all the late night wakings up of certain children because they "wet their bed" or they have a nightmare or they are running a fever, or they think it is now time to wake up for the day!!
- And who said I have to be the one that runs late to church every week because some of the kids are having a rough morning.
- Why am I supposed to teach my kids all of these "chores" that they must do and why do I need to enforce it??
- Why do I have to know where everyone's THINGS are at. Isn't that why I provided a place for your shoes and a place to but your clothes and ..... blah ba blah ba blah ba blah
This list could go on and on..... but I don't know what good it would do, if I did that.
I ask you WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS!!
Oh yeah, it must have been me, because for some strange reason I thought it would bring me some immense joy, and things would be perfect and I could speak the first time and have perfectly obedient children. Well, as I've been a mom for a little over 9 years now -- I realize that I was quite Naive back in the day. Okay I really didn't expect perfection out of my children but come on I didn't think I would totally have to beg and plead, and bribe my kids to do the every day kind of things that help make the home run smoothly or more efficiently.
I am tired of trying to be "SUPERMOM!" because I'm not and I'm sick and tired of thinking that I have to do as good a job as so and so that lives over by the ....
I know I wanted to be a mother but sometimes I can't believe that I hear some mom's out there say that they absolutely LOVE IT!!! I do enjoy it, but I have bad days more than once a year, and my kids have personalities that are stubborn and LOUD and can be quite energetic other times. I don't think I get enough "down time to be me, without interupution" that I often times seem to have a short fuse. Lately I've found it helpful to count to 10 a FEW times to calm myself down before I speak. Amazingly enough it helps!! I know that my children are precious and really do want them to be happy and want what is best for them in the long run, they do bring me lots of joy, and those few little moments make it all worth it to me.
I just know that sometimes I don't quite do all that is required of me, and then I start feeling very overwhelmed with the task in front of me. I often try and play it off like I've got everything under control but in fact -- I don't -- but have no idea how to get in control of whatever may be wrong at the time. I do have to say that I love all my friends that I can chat with here and there that have a way of making me feel loved, you don't know how much you touch my heart, and how much you lift my spirits. I truly have been blessed with great friends in this life and would pray that I can only live to let them all know that. And if you're reading this -- you'll know who you are. It's you who I can talk to about my frustrations, (and sometimes compare notes) tell you about my joys, and truly be myself around you. You set a good example for me, of the things that a great mom is, and does, and motivate me to be a better person.
So to answer my question above: I signed myself up for it! But when I have those "bad days" I have "good friends" that help me to feel better when I need it.