While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, July 7, 2008

TO-Do List

I've decided that today I need to make an ongoing list of the things that I need to get done today and as I do them, cross them out. So here goes my list :
  1. Call the car dealership and ask about the seatbelt.
  2. Wash up the dishes and have the kids put them away.
  3. Sweep my floor and then follow with a good MOPPING.
  4. Make my own bed
  5. Have the kids fold clothes and put them away or rather I'll fold them and then have the kids put them away.
  6. I need to have my bathroom sink area scrubbed.
  7. Need to get the VT report finished.
  8. Keep on doing the laundry .
  9. Have something made for dinner tonight
  10. Get ready for FHE and make sure the kids are all ready with their parts.
  11. Practice on the piano some more.
  12. Make a list of things to take on our VACATION!

So I have a long list of things to do, but I don't always feel like doing it. So hopefully I can chart my progress, (Kind of how Alyssa made her tasks known.) and see if it really will help me be motivated to get things done.

I know that a lot of times people ask how I do it with 5 kids??? Well guess what, I often wonder that myself, because I don't think that I do it that well. I mean yeah, I try to keep my kids fed, clothed and get them bathed, play with them, read to them, and provide a place for them to sleep. But the state of the house, -- that is a whole different issue. My house is ALWAYS A MESS!!! Okay once in a while I'll get lucky and can manage to have the kitchen all clean and the living room picked up and nice too. But it doesn't last. I'm slowly trying to train my children to clean various rooms, and how to do them, but it takes time, and patience. Because yes, I could do it all by myself, but what will they really learn from it. There is a book out there called W.O.R.K by Debbie Bowen that helps with teaching our kids about working. I'm rereading this, since I own a copy and WOW!! What a refresher. It seems to help during the summer this year, because I'm having my children put in an hour everyday doing chores. It's difficult at first but now that they realize that they just have to do it, they just get busy. So speaking of which, we need to go and get busy with the house work, so I can feel like I accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails