While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, July 7, 2008

Having fun in the sun !!

We had watered with the sprinkler and of course, it accumulates a puddle on the sidewalk and this is what Thomas had decided to do, on Thursday while the girls were at Achievement Days. He wanted to COOL off by playing on the sidewalk in the WATER!!



Ethan decided that he wanted to join in on the fun and started splashing in the puddles.
I just love watching my boys explore, play and be friends. Now that Ethan is mobile and kind of plays with Thomas -- they are so fun together. I'm going to MISS these days before TOO long, I can just feel it. That's why I love to take these pictures of the funny things that they like to do and the things that bring them laughter and cause me to have JOY!! I might not have a perfect, well kept house, but I sure do enjoy spending TIME with my children.
But don't get me wrong, after a while I do NEED some down time so I can recoop and get back on track and try to be a good MOMMY again.
Ethan is coming up on 15 months this week and I can hardly believe it. He's a little toddler now. And Thomas is almost 3 1/2 years old!! Let's not forget the fact that I am now 30 and have been for a few months. I used to think that 30 was OLD!! But now after having been this age for a short little while, I can gladly say that I'm not OLD!! I'm just getting to another station in life where things can be affordable, and kids are growing up, and I can spend more solo time with my husband, or by myself. Just a few years away from having freedom getting ready for church where they'll get themselves dressed, and shoes on and get out the door without MOM having to do EVERYTHING FOR THEM!! But for now, I'll just cherish these moments when they want to talk about simple things, or express their ideas and tell me stories. And just tell my cobwebs that they can wait. Because, my little kids will grow up and be out of my grasp before too long. CHERISH THEM WHILE THEY ARE YOUNG!! TELL THEM OFTEN THAT YOU LOVE THEM AND SHOW IT!! Don't ever forget how much they bless your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails