While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm HOT and TIRED !!!

So the other day my girls who are going to school were walking home with each other, or at least headed to their Aunt's house, while I was waiting with my boys in the van in front of her house. Katherine had asked for walkie talkies for her birthday and ended up getting some. So we've been using these the last few days -- so I can avoid all the mass confusion and crazy traffic around the school.

So Heidi my kindergartner wanted to wear a long sleeve turtleneck shirt to school and I said that it was fine, not realizing how much warmer it would get throughout the day. Katherine lets me know everyday when they leave the parking lot and start for the "house". Only today Katherine called me on the walkies and said that Heidi was really HOT and didn't feel well, and wanted me to pick her up at the bridge which crosses over the Provo River. So I changed locations from my sister in laws house to wait closer to where the bridge was. I jumped out with the two boys and we went to the bridge and looked down at the moving water below. A few minutes later she came back to say that Heidi was laying on the ground and wasn't moving. So I ask if I should drive around and get them or just walk over, because I could see them in the distance but didn't realize how far away they actually were. So I had my nearly 6 month old in his carseat, and my 2 year old walking and we headed their way on foot.

Sure enough Heidi was laying down on the ground and was very "HOT and TIRED!!" and wasn't moving another inch. She didn't care who was walking by, or who saw her, she just wanted to rest. So after her "mini heat stroke" ( Which she was just perfectly fine, health wise) I told her that we weren't going to be wearing anymore long sleeved shirts until there was snow on the ground. This way she wouldn't get overheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails