While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Sunday, September 30, 2007

FIRST FEEDING ........


Today we gave my son Ethan his first bites of real food!! We decided to do it today because he constantly grabs at my plate while we are eating and eyes the food as we put it into our mouths. I wasn't prepared to do this today, as far as having the high chair out of the cellar and cleaned up for the little guy to sit in while trying his first bites of food. The kids just kept saying how "HE doesn't like it MOMMY!!"
I had to reassure them that this is how all babies react to it the first time they try real food. Because they are so used to either breastmilk from nursing or formula that when they actually have something more than liquid in their mouths they don't know what to do with it.

So here is yet another milestone that means my little guy is getting older everyday and starting to learn how to use his body. He doesn't roll over a lot yet, but occasionally he does.





So I'm just wondering for those who remember feeding their babies for the first few times, how it made you feel? And if you thought or knew it was your last child how did that change your perception of the "baby"?

1 comment:

  1. Watching Maleia try food for the first time was so fun!! I love seeing her discover new things...it is very entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails