While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Caught without a burpcloth

Okay so why haven't I learned yet to carry like five (5) burp cloths around with me??

I was standing in line tonight at the picnic mentioned in the last entry and my husband was with my older kids letting them play on the playground. So he had the four older kids and I was by myself with my 4 month old. I left my diaper bag by our blanket which wasn't close by at all. I tend to hold my son in my left arm his tummy facing away from me. My arm started to feel wet and slimy. I looked over his shoulder and he had spit up down the front of his clothes and then all over my left hand and then onto my right arm. YUCK!!! I didn't have a burp cloth or a rag no blanket, no tissues, napkins or anything on me to wipe up this mess. Not wanting to lose my place in line, and not having any of my other family members close by, I'll be somewhat resourceful -- I reached down and wiped the spit off my hand and arm using the grass I was standing on. Even being a brand new mother of a fifth child and having what I would call some experience with babies you would think that by now I might be a pro at this and never forget to bring anything for the baby, that he might need.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the photos.

    Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails