While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, April 8, 2011

Emotional pregnancy hormones.... (probably part 1 of many more to come)

I can't believe the roller coaster ride I'm constantly on right now. These darn emotions are almost kicking my tush.

It's crazy how the slightest little thing will make me tear up and start crying. I really don't know why this happens to pregnant women. Or at least I hope it happens to more then just me. But this go around seems to be hardcore with the emotional roller coaster.

I'll hear a phrase, and BAM! I see a picture ... BAM! I am faced with being told that something I thought was right isn't ...Bam!! (Okay I don't like being told I'm not right when I'm not pregnant ... but in a grocery store at 8:30 in the morning..doesn't bode well to help me believe the rest of the day will be okay)

And HELLO, taking a trip to the grocery store doesn't normally bring on the urge to cry. But this morning it did!! Now, I don't want to say "they were right, I was wrong, or the opposite" because seriously, I'm still trying to find out if I really was misinformed. But seriously, these feelings that bring on the tears really are getting me this pregnancy. I've never been this bad before, (Not that it's bad, but it happens so often).

I'm starting to feel the first little flutters over the last few weeks, and now I'm feeling more excited now that we are having another baby. BUT --- I'm still terrified at the same time. I know ...a lot of you are probably saying "what's one more when you already have 5!" That's just it, I have to start over with all the parenting stuff on another child. Maybe there is hope with this little one that I'll actually get it down, and this will be my "perfect child". haha...

So it's nice to hope for! But I know there will still be rough moments, and the moments where I'm at my utter worst and feel like ... crud! But I'm realizing that's okay, I'll do what I can, and the stuff I have no control over, I'm not going to fret about.

But there is so much to do to get ready for this baby --- it's almost overwhelming. But if I can just get through this yearbook project, and then get into May, I think life will start looking a little more hopeful that those "baby tasks" will be able to be done before the baby comes.

I'm getting excited to that the ultrasound is set for the 27th of April so just under three weeks till we can find out what this little one's gender is! It's a special day too, because Kaylee, our oldest, is turning 12 that day!!

Crazy month of APRIL!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails