While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother, I love you --

So I went out last week and bought these three plants, the two on the right are rose bushes and the one on the left is a verbena plant. It has such a beautiful flower on it. I love the color purple and this is just the perfect little flower for me to enjoy while sitting in the neighbors backyard.



I had a great Mother's Day!! Well, actually I'm calling Saturday my mother's day!! I was able to attend the temple that morning and afterwards, came home and started working some more in the yard, to get the various flower beds ready for planting. We also decided to go and get some tomato plants and flowers, to start transplanting into our various locations. After getting the flowers at one of the local nurseries in Orem, we came home to await the arrival of the newest addition to our family: Yes, so normally I wouldn't put a picture up like this but because I want to remember the story behind it I'm going to. Heidi was told by her Kinder teacher that there was a list of 5 things she had to do for her mom, over the weekend. I don't remember what they all were but I do remember a few. Sunday morning, we woke up late, like 8:30 late with church at 9am !!! The kids were all bathed the night before so that helped, I had one late that day as well, so I didn't need to jump in the shower. Chris needed one, so before he jumped in, he managed to take this picture for me. Heidi came into my room and said, "mommy, come look in your spot!" ( the spot at the table) So I came out, and she managed to make me breakfast all by herself. I just wanted to melt. So this is what she came up with, two pieces of toast (dry) -- I like them that way, and a purple candy cane (after breakfast mint??). She also managed to get my mug off the windowsill and fill it with water for me to drink. Not much, but how sweet is that??? I must be loved!! So this picture was taken as I was when I woke up out of bed. So I look like "DEATH!! " --- remember that AMY (roomie)?


We ended up going to my mother in laws for dinner after church on Sunday and Chris took this picture of me and the kids on their swing. This picture pretty much says everything. We took a nice picture but it looked blurry so I didn't want to post it here. We sure know how to enjoy and have fun with one another.
Here is Chris working on clearing out our garden area. This was early last week, and then .....
My back yard from the very back of the yard.
And here is my garden spot as of Saturday May 10th, and it will be twice the length but the same width down the fence line. Here are the flowers that we picked up and yes, I'm slow on getting Christmas lights put away. But there are the different kinds of tomatoes that we will plant as well. I'm excited to do more than just those this year. So hopefully by the end of this week we can have the garden put in. I had some cute home-made cards from the kids, and the girls had made some "bath salt" concoctions and they smell nice!! I am blessed to have these wonderful kids in my life, even though they do frustrate me often. The joy they bring to me in my life is so worth all the "hard" times we have to go through. Hope that you all had a Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails