While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, April 18, 2008

I've had it up to here !!!

I think I'm getting back on track with being a mom!!


Okay -- really I'm way off track!!! My girls have a bedroom that is totally a MESS!!! And that's quite an understatement!!! So far today we've pulled out all of the clothes from their room, and we've now sorted them into piles to wash them. We've collected one full bag of trash ( old school papers, cards, wrappers etc..) The sad thing is there is still more to pick up in the room. So today as I wash and fold these loads of laundry I'm pulling out anything that they hate to wear, and anything that doesn't fit Heidi anymore --seeing how she's the youngest girl. So I can either throw it away or just give it to DI!! I want to paint in their room in the next month or so -- and in order to do that I need to have their room clear and free of all the clutter. I've been kind of slack on having any kind of cemented structure in their lives but today it's all starting to change. I don't want them to grow up to be irresponsible adults that don't know how to do anything, so sorry KIDS - CHORES! CHORES AND MORE CHORES FROM HERE ON OUT!!!

I know that it is frustrating trying to teach them to do something but at least if I take the time now, hopefully as they get older they will be trained and just be able to complete a job without constant over the shoulder supervision.

I'm giving them a chance to earn an incentive. $5.00 if they help get their room clean today!!! So far they are helping and doing an okay job. We're taking lunch break that's why I'm able to post right now. I want to start keeping a record of the things I do with them that work or don't so that I can remember and go forward from here on out.

I seriously don't know why parents don't come with one of those "parenting for dummies" handbooks. So that we already just know everything we have to do and can just do it. I admit part of the problem is I'm not motivated myself, or very self-disciplined -- but I do realize that if I want to have a clean home -- I seriously can't do all the work myself. They are old enough to take on a lot of the responsiblities in the home so now I think I'll practice on DELEGATING!!!

They also are able to each invite a friend over to play tomorrow if they get the room (including all the piles of laundry) taken care of today. So hey, $5.00 and a friend who would want to pass that up?? Hopefully not my girls. AGGHHHH --- some day they'll get bigger -- and hopefully they will be productive contributing adults.

The woes and joys of being a mother. Somedays it's hard and others it's downright impossible. But in the end they all do cute things that make me love them even more.

1 comment:

  1. I have a book that I'd think you'd enjoy. I was at the Provo Library about a year ago looking for a parenting book and came across "The potentially sane mother's guide to reaising young children," by Tamara Fackrell. It's got all kinds of tips about cleaning, chores, manners, schedules, discipline, and has a lot of FHE activity ideas. I liked it so much I bought it and read every now and then for reminders. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails