While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Friday, December 14, 2007

Rollerskating Time .....

Last night Kaylee was invited to a birthday party, for a kid in her class. They were holding it at a rollerskating place nearby and she was able to go. So she experienced rollerskating for the very first time. Her knees are all bruised up today because of all the times that she fell down. But by the end of the party I was so impressed with how much better she had gotten. I took some video clips of it and will post those at a later date but for now -- I just can't believe how grown up she's getting. It's amazing how fast these little ones grow up !!! My oldest nephew is now 12!! That's insane -- so now we are past the initial period of toddlerhood into the tweens. Because in the next few years we will have at least 6 or 7 teenagers at the same time, and then start the college years ..... and life goes on and on. Sometimes I just want to make a life size Kaylee doll at the size she is now so that when I want her as a little girl again I can pull it out and hug "her" and read to her etc....

I've been a parent for the last 8 years and I still can't believe it. That's why I think I like "journals" and "pictures" because you can perserve some of those moments that are really special and mean a lot. I used to think that I would never live long enough to see the day that I was a "MOM" and here I am with 5!!! I swear my parents are going to be the "same" from here on out --- like they don't look like they ever age really. But if I were to look at someone else's parents I could totally tell they are aging --- isn't that weird how our minds and eyes work like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails