While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, September 10, 2007

Our Trip to the Utah State Fair

This weekend we went to the Utah State Fair in Salt Lake City. It's a family tradition we've done every year since 1999 - the year we moved to Utah. This year I was lucky enough to notice a paper at the Provo City Library, that said if a child ages 6-12 read 10 books by a certain time and had recorded these on the paper supplied and mailed back to the Utah State Fair Committee "something or other" they would get a free admission ticket to the fair. My kids know how to read so we had them keep track of 10 books, mailed in the paper and received their rewards in the mail. So we went this last Saturday the 8th of September. We went basically for the PRCA rodeo, but also get to take advantage of the exhibits in the various halls and buildings. We made sure to look at the building with the bunnies, and then let each of the kids take a ride of some kind and then went to the 4-H building that my kids just loved. The main reason -- because the items on display were made by kids their ages and that was amazing to them. Now they are eager and want to learn to sew. I think it's great, but I know very little about "sewing" . I can make a blanket and simple items of clothing --- but even those aren't perfect. We'll see how that "talent" starts to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails