While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One step at a time

Okay so I am taking this blogging thing one step at a time, and the more I play around with this blogging site and my myspace blog -- I'm starting to get the hang of it. It's amazing how when I was in my teen years -- I was up on the "lingo"
for the Internet, but now that I'm nearing 30 I have a really hard time
catching on to it. So I have to "Google" the words in order to find out
their definition.
I'm sure that my kids will know more about the darn computer and Internet language than I will in just the near future. They already spend Internet time on
www.barbie.com and absolutely love it. They are always checking out the backs of movies or food boxes just to see if there is a web address to type in and check out!! My girls are 8 and 7 and just soaking up what little time I'll give them on the Internet. My 7 year old has an educational binder that she started and gets on the Internet and looks up terms that relate to gaining more knowledge like learning things about the history of our country, the history of the state we live in (Utah) -- star constellations, pictures of planets, and outerspace. She's also looked up different countries and their flags.
So I'm glad she can use the internet to gain the knowledge that I used to have to look up in an Encyclopedia. A huge thank you to those that make this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like feedback.... so go ahead and leave me some comment love. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails